We’re manly men. We fight in wars, we play sports, we drive noisy cars. We’re tough.
We’re terrified of body hair on women though.
And menstrual blood.
and womens farts
and being perceived as feminine in any way.
and gay men.
TEN INSTRUCTIONS FOR MY TEN YEAR OLD SELF:
1. There are friends waiting for you, I promise. It’s going to take you a bit of time before you find them, but the time you spend lonely between here and there is going to make having them so much sweeter. All this space is good for you. You’re going to be grateful for knowing how to be by yourself.
2. Listen to your mother. She’s telling you what to do because she loves you, and when you’re twice this age she’ll still be the wisest person you know. Absorb her opinions. They matter.
3. Addendum to 2: Make your own choices about your clothes. Your mother knows what will suit you but you have your own taste to think about too. Relish it. Nourish it.
4. You will never understand how to attract boys. Don’t waste your energy now, you’ll have lots of time to worry about it when you’re nineteen and all the girls you know are in relationships. The balance of probability means there is someone out there who is right for you. Patience is a virtue. In the meantime read a lot and get a cat.
5. Fuck work. You’re going to scrape by doing just enough and you’re going to be a hell of a lot happier for it. Let your sister be the academic one. You’re not built for top level grades and fierce universities. You don’t have her resilience.
6. Learn to curse properly now so your mouth doesn’t feel dirty around the words when you’re twenty and a boy you don’t know puts his hands where you don’t want them. Learn to tell people to fuck off, and mean it.
7. You’re going to learn that you adapt quickly. That’s a wonderful thing. Take a deep breath every time you’re headed somewhere new and remember that. In three days it will feel as if life has always been this way. You have survived everything thus far and you will go on surviving it.
8. You’re never not going to find horror movies scary. It’s not worth trying to pretend otherwise.
9. You’re going to say and do a lot of stupid things. You’ll blush thinking about them even eight years later, but your life will go on. Your friends will tease you about the stupidest ones. For some reason that will make them easier to cope with.
10. Be patient and kind. You are tough enough to get through what is to come.
IF YOUR IDEA OF SELF CARE IS EATING COMFORT FOOD AND WATCHING TWENTY EPISODES OF A THING IN ONE NIGHT FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR BED THEN YOU FUCKING DO THAT.
YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY YOU MAJESTIC LITTLE SHIT.
I love everything about this photoset
The lack of condescension in cultural sharing
The contextual foreignness of firm breasts in a society that doesn’t use bras
This is funny and charming
By far one of my favorite posts.
I love that across cultures, every woman grabs their boobs.
pssst, hey tumblr: bras don’t make breasts firm. they don’t even prevent gravity from making them saggy. some breasts just are that way. other breasts just aren’t that way. deal with it.
INFJs are private, preferring one-on-one friendships to crowds, and often quiet about their own feelings. They are often thoughtful, artistic, and wise, and prefer to operate behind the scenes. (x)